firm provides a wide array of investment banking and advisory services to various industry
groups throughout the Southeast and, together with the other operating units of Ewing Capital
Partners, continues to deliver innovative solutions to the marketplace.
In 1939, Allen C. Ewing & Co.
was founded in Wilmington, North Carolina,
as a local investment bank. In the mid-1950's,
Mr. Ewing moved the firm to Jacksonville, Florida,
as the center of coastal commerce and rail transportation
shifted to that area.
Changes to the Banking Industry
On Capitol Hill, the Bank
Holding Company Act of 1956 was implemented,
allowing the creation of multi-bank holding companies.
Nowhere would this new legislation have a more dramatic
impact on Banking than in the State of Florida. Anticipating
the resulting investment banking opportunities, the firm
positioned its practice with a focus on financial institutions
and soon became Florida's premier investment banker to community banks.
Growing in Charlotte
Ewing Capital Partners, LLC,
was formed in 2003 to acquire the outstanding
stock of the firm. An office was opened in Charlotte,
North Carolina, to extend the firm's geographic reach.
The Firm now provides a wide
array of investment banking, real estate and advisory
services to financial institutions as well
as other industry groups throughout the Southeast
and continues to deliver innovative solutions to the marketplace.